Thursday, March 18, 2010
We did it!
Thank you, Lord, I am humbled. For an investment of less than $30, we have together raised over $450 to sponsor an orphan for a year through SCORE International. Actually, we're more like sponsoring an orphan for a year and a half. I think that might be what Jesus meant with his 2 fish/5 loaves parable.
In addition to some donations, 41 of us--- strangers to friends, from Nyack, NY to Brandon, Miss-- are competing for just fun! And, most importantly, for a better life for one of God's precious children.
You can check your standings at the CBS Bracket Manager. See URL to right and don't forget the password: hoops4homeless.
Congrats to Clay Tate in #1 slot at the moment by himself.
I was quite surprised to find myself with #2 ranking ahead of my coaching husband and my competitive brother who cannot stand for me to beat him. Of course, my sister-in-law who could shoot the rock herself is tied at #2 with me. She will prevail is my prediction.
At the bottom of tonight's list is one of Kentucky's biggest fans---The Urban Pastor! Whoa....By the way, check out where the Urban Pastor ministers http://www.harvesthandscdc.com/
Yes, I'm trash talking on Day 1. Check back in tomorrow.
Housekeeping Items: A couple of you said you weren't sure how to donate. 1) Write a check to Score International and give to me/Jay. If you need our address, email me at stephanieandjay@comcast.net or click on PayPal "donate" button to your right and pay with your paypal account. I'll send in all donations by Easter which just happens to coincide with the Final Four this year.
Thanks again for playing!
Posted by Stephanie Walton at 8:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment